We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully as it contains important information about:
1. who we are
2. how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information
3. your rights in relation to your personal information, and
4. how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint
1. Who we are
This website is operated by Magellan Consultancy. Our website address is: http://magellanconsultancy.com
Magellan Consultancy (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information under this law.
2. The personal information we collect, store, use and share
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
a) To fulfil our contract for services with you
b) For the purpose of handing your enquiry if you contact us via email or our online contact form
c) To invite you to events based on your location and role
Who your information may be shared with
We will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
How long your personal information will be kept
Any personal data you provide to Magellan Consultancy will be retained by us only for the purposes for which it was collected and no longer than necessary in each case.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the contact details below.
3. What rights do you have?
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 you have a number of important rights defined under the following ‘data protection principles’ which ensure the information is:
• used fairly, lawfully and transparently
• used for specified, explicit purposes
• used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
• kept for no longer than is necessary
• handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
For further information on each of those principles, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the Jersey Information Commissioner’s Office (JICO) www.jerseyoic.org
4. How to make a complaint and/or contact us
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you believe your personal information has been mishandled, you should address your complaint to our DPO or the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner.
Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner
5 Castle Street
Jersey JE2 3BT
T. +44 (0)1534 716530
Our data protection officer is John Patterson (email: John@magellanconsultancy.com)
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
International Finance Centre 5
+ 44 (0)1534 748705